Bashing Believer's Bogus Beliefs
Why do people on this blog, and atheists in general for that matter, feel the need to bash and trash something they clam they do not believe in?
They are not bashing God, because there is absolutely no God to bash. They are bashing sky fairy believers, for several very good reasons:
1. Each group of people that build their lives around a particular version of sky fairy invariably seeks to create a society that operates according to the imaginary morality of their sky fairy. They expect others to do so as well. The others are often tortured or killed for their beliefs, whether the others are from a different Sky Fairy Group (say that permits abortion, or homosexuality) or are atheists. It is absurd to hear Christian Americans advocating more religion in America at the same time as Muslims are attacking America... a nation built on the principle that religion is a private matter to be kept apart by the "wall between church and state'. Now Bush is directing tax monies contributed by all sorts of people towards specific religious groups. This is wrong, and was vehemently opposed in early America, particularly by the Baptists who seemed to better understand that state controlled religion was deadly and the height of arrogance. "Arrogance" that men should presume what God wants for all individuals of a nation.
2. One Sky Fairy Group frequently objects to the beliefs of other Sky Fairy groups, all too frequently leading to violent conflict.
3. In opposing religious belief, atheists are protecting their freedoms... of all groups in America the person least likely to be accepted for President is not a Mormon, or a Catholic, or a Black or a Woman, it is an atheist. Atheists are thereby under-represented in a political society based on representation by democracy.
4. Sky Fairy believers expect the education system to inculcate religion in children. This is an abominable tyranny over the minds of children who, like you, have their thinking skills undermined at an early age, to be replaced by doctrine.
5. Atheists cannot get mail on Sundays, cannot get groceries in areas where stores are closed on Sundays, and are not considered honest if they are not religious.... the biggest irony of all, because all sky fairy believers are necessarily dishonest. Their dishonesty is so thoroughly established and bolstered by those around them, that they cannot see that they are!
6. The morality of nearly every sky fairy group is focused on death (through the pretense of an 'after-life', a contradiction of terms). In viewing all humans (atheists too) as God's (or Satan's) children, these believers subordinate their Real World happiness to a Fantasy non-World, and adopt moral views that are terribly destructive. E.g. The Ten Commandments, for example, are a complete moral Abomination! They fail for various reasons. Do not conclude that rejecting "Thou shalt not commit murder" means murder is morally acceptable. It is not that way at all. Please read this article on the Commandments, by Dr. Binswanger. Binswanger is head and shoulders above Dawkins and Hitchens, who are the two main pro-atheism authors at the moment. Dr. Binswanger has much more important and fundamental work to do; work which I follow closely. I do not care to read Dawkins or Hitchens, their main, and well publicized, arguments are far too shallow and naive to waste my time with.
7. Lots of atheists are dishonest in their rejection of God, and your complaint about them is apt. However, there is a small group who are rationally and objectively atheist and who live by a stringent and life-affirming morality.