Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Bet

Originally written by Poodles on June 26, 2007 and preserved for posterity here.

RAISING THE ROOF

Last fall chunks of shingles from my old black (yes black) roof blew off the house and on to our truck. Now I have this pretty new Painted Desert roof.




Below is the new shed that is being built. My new bullfrog hot tub is going where the old shed is.


Which brings me to "the bet."

I asked my contractor if he moved the sprinkler head. To which he replied "what sprinkler head?"

"The one that is apparently right under that shed now."

"Oops."

I told him I could get my husband to lift the shed so he could dig it out. His response "there is no way he can lift that."

"Wanna bet?"

"5 bucks."

"Deal." HONEY... could you come lift the shed... pretty please.

From the contractor, "that thing weighs about 500 lbs."

As my husband is walking toward the shed putting on his gloves, "he used to squat over 1000 lbs and bench press about 600"

"fuck, I'm gonna lose."

"Yep". He lost.

~Poodles


And that is why we call him the Hulk. :)