Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Judgement Day

Christians criticize others for being judgemental. In their eyes it is a sin, for does not their holy book say, in Matthew 7:1-2
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

But what exactly does it mean to judge something? A quick google search turned up this at FreeDictionary.com

1. a decision formed after careful consideration
2. the verdict pronounced by a court of law
3. the ability to make critical distinctions and achieve a balanced viewpoint:

Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. Making a decision after carefully considering the facts? The Horror!!!!!! Being capable of making distinctions between facts and fiction, between truth and fantasy. Dear God we wouldn't want THAT. Judging MUST be evil. One can see why God would forbid such behavior. You've eaten of the fruit of the tree of knowledge? You are capable of judging good from evil? Get the fuck out of my garden! Strange how they were punished for a sin that they were incapable of using their judgemental faculty on BEFORE they sinned. But that's another rant.

Let's pause for a moment to consider (and by consider I mean judge) the illogical bullshit of a #2 Fundy Believer Christian in his own words.

Glob said, Fiery was the one who started judging, see original post.
Did Glob really just use the "she started it" defense?
Also, he says "judging" like it's a bad thing.
Furthermore, this sentence hints that his own upcoming judgemental behavior is excused by mine.

I was just going to have a little fun,
Glob's first appearance on my blog since banning was
Timestamp Tuesday, 13 January, 2009 10:53 AM
He writes... Fiery, YOU kicked me off your site. Not your followers.

Yeah, I'm all set to have fun after that remark. Especially as the only reference to kicking that I made was to Sisyphus Fragmnt in this comment... Fundies on my blog don't end up sticking around long. I'd like to take credit, but it's not me, it's the great people that read my blog who stand up, take no prisoners, and kick the shit out of their putrid whiney little arguments.

As you can see, I never said that the people who read my blog kicked fundies off. Just that they kicked the shit out of their arguments. And apparently Glob sees himself in this description. How many times do YOU remember, oh faithful followers of the Holy Ewok, Glob saying that he was going to not come back any more or not debate an issue any more only to have him turn up again like a bad case of herpes? At least 3 times. *rolls eyes* Yes I banned Glob. Because he was insulting people without contributing anything even remotely meaningful to the discussion.

Or perhaps he was referring to the hint he dropped at having his list of "types of Atheists". Apparently this was to be a fun list, but ended up being "Me: the cult leader, followers of the holy Ewok, and an angry atheist". I'm pretty sure there are more atheists then me and my "followers"

I see you to have judged me to be a judgemental Christian.
Nope I judged you to be a fundy. And by your actions you shall be known.

I would judge myself as a true believer, thanks XO.
Comprehension of XO's comment by Glob- FAIL

I disagree with the don't judge, it is impossible for anyone to "not" judge.
So why were his first words in this comment along the lines of she started it? If a child is voluntarily following an older sibling's lead and going to bed early and the parent discovers them, the younger child doesn't point to the older sibling and say "she started it!"

XO created his own type of Christian and illustrated the futility in being non-judgemental. I thought Glob embraced XO's definition of a true believer, to the point of wanting to be known as one. And it's futile to be Non-judgemental, which suggests a pointless struggle against something that he thinks is impossible to not be.

Glob makes my head hurt. And not in a "you made me think" kind of way.

Yep, it's Judgement Day Glob, and you've been found a FUNDY and not a True Believer as defined by XO.

6 comments:

Reg Golb said...

"Christians criticize others for being judgemental." Which Christians are you refering to? Type 1, 2 3? Since you have so neatly catergorized them, let's get specific. You presume to much.

Where does it say judging is a sin? It clearly say not to judge or you will be judged by the same measure. This is Jesus teaching people. Similar to You teaching your child not to pick his nose. It is not a sin, just disgusting. So if you are a bugger eater, you probably shouldn't tell your child not to, but if you are nonbugger eater, go for it.

Judging in this excerpt, if you looked beyond the free dictionary, deals with judging people by a different standard than that which you judge yourself. Is that really confusing to you?

My comment about you judging was actually in response to the deleted comment. That comment basically called me judgmental. I also said I "disagree with the don't judge, it is impossible for anyone to "not" judge". I think judging is fine, just use the same measure "mate". That was for the aussies.

If you can come up with a Christian who says judging is bad, I would like to talk to them. If you want to take a snippet, "judge not", then you certainly can, so can anyone. That does not make it right.
Adam and Eve's problem wasn't that they couldn't judge, it was that they didn't or didn't want to. That ends that Rant.

Reg Golb said...

"I thought Glob embraced XO's definition of a true believer, to the point of wanting to be known as one. And it's futile to be Non-judgemental, which suggests a pointless struggle against something that he thinks is impossible to not be."

Again, your presumption is that judging is a "sin". False. The verses which you so correctly point out clearly say the opposite.

Matt. 7:3-5 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Clearly anyone can judge his brother if he first takes the plank out of his own eye.

Protium the Heathen said...

Ha ha ha ha.. Glob mentioned Adam & Eve... hah ah ahh ah ah... It's a fuckin story you knob!

ha ha ha and bible verses... hah ah ah ah.. *pointing and laughing*...
Pisser :)

Thanks for the lulz Glob.

Reg Golb said...

XO mentioned true believers.
Truth = reality.

Oh, thanks for refuting my arguement. Oh, yeah, you didn't even try.

Objection, your honor. He can't use the bible or Adam and Eve's story.
Overruled. The attorney for the plaintif brought it up.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought of myself as the unrealized prophet of the atheist people. One day I will claim my seat as the rightful king and lead my people on a pilgrimage through space and time to a far away planet where we can be rational and free of religious extremism.

Fiery said...

@sisyphusfragmnt Let me know when the boat sails, I'm in!!!!!