Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pascal's Wager

Fundies often will say, where's the harm in believing in god? If he does exist and you don't beleive, then you are going straight to hell to be tortured for all eternity. Why not just believe? We atheists call this Pascal's Wager and there are several answers to it. Some of which have even been addressed on this blog.

This man has embraced Pascal's Wager to its fullest extent.


Additional- Richard emailed this link to me but he called it "fun from Stardust". I was hoping for something kinky, but got the definitive answer to Pascal's Wager.

So here is a hat tip in the direction of both of them because I don't have time to investigate the matter at the moment. For you see....

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.
No time to say hello, good-bye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late
I'm late and when I wave, I lose the time I save.
My fuzzy ears and whiskers took me too mych time to shave.
I run and then I hop, hop, hop, I wish that I could fly.
There's danger if I dare to stop and here's a reason why:
I'm over-due, I'm in a rabbit stew.
Can't even say good-bye,
hello, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.


blog ya later!

5 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

ThankYouVeryMuchForThis! In my search for my truth, I'm always looking for answers. I'm the kind of girl who looks for answers based on fact. Besides, I prefer a warmer climate for eternity! They'd have to come up with something scarier for me to want to believe! Have a great week, Fiery! Blog Ya Later! Hugs!

Fiery said...

:) Thanks TraceyT! Hope your week is tippity tops! lol.

When I think about eternity I just remember where I was before Mum gave birth to me. You remember... floating in that great ethereal nothingness. I figure we just go back when we die. Back to nothingness. I don't reacall it being particularly unpleasant. ;)

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Wow, I do not remember nothingness. I'm loving life again! Evidently, every time company leaves I say "I never want company again!" I do not remember that either. Thanks for stopping by and I did seriously consider what you said in your comment. I have to admit my witch hat is a bit dusty. Have a great week! Did you realize that the day I posted P.E.N.I.S.- you posted about weiners? Great minds DO think alike!! ;) Hugs, Fiery!

T T Eyes said...

Must say I dont remember anything 'from before' but given that mum was a big drinker I was probably as sozzled as her :/

Anyway I loved this guy's humour, such a busy life keeping up with all the demands of the dogs er gods :)

Sean Wright said...

This is the best way of combating religious idiocy, through comedy - thanks Fiery and Richard.