Monday, March 2, 2009

why am I an atheist?




Was talking to a dear friend the other day and he was looking through his little brother's homework from catholic school. It was a set of worksheets for the sacrament of atonement. Not having been raised catholic, I didn't have any idea what that meant. When asked what the worksheets were about he said it was to ask forgiveness for being born.

What a horrid, HORRID religion.

Not too surprising really, considering that this is their spiritual father.



Dude, your bong is leaking.

8 comments:

Sean the Blogonaut F.C.D. said...

I am imagining you saying Horrid in an English accent.

Fiery said...

I'm loving the fact that I'm in your imagination. :)

Pompotous Herdman said...

Great caption for the Pope's smells-and-bells service!

I'm still amazed that, out of all the Roman Catholics in the world, they ended up picking a former Hitler youth as their go-to guy.

Fiery said...

Howdy Pompotous! Welcome to my blog!! This new pope of theirs defies belief. *gack* but he's a nasty looking man.

*shudders*

Wonder how many nightmares he features in??

Traceytreasure said...

Forgiveness for being born? That's so sad....
At least they don't have to do E-meter tests or go without caffeine like other dumb religions.

Hugs!!

Thump Thump Eyes said...

Horrid is such an understatement for the catlick religion...and all of them for that matter!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25146388-401,00.html

Anonymous said...

I went to 12 years of Catholic school . I think people who believe in that crazy stuff that they teach must be totally mindf*#&ked . I'll admit that I did enjoy smelling the incense . I did not baptize my kids. They are happy atheists and free thinkers. The Catholic church is a cult.

Fiery said...

12 years of Catholic school. *shudders* Wow.

I can't believe the stuff that religious people swallow whole without a thought to the logical consequences. That they don't dare to challenge God's "moral code" is horrific to me. Yet I didn't, for the first 18+ years of my life.

Poor deluded bastards.